Tuesday, September 14, 2010

drip, drip, drop, when the sky is cloudy, your pretty music can brighten the day

Yesterday I was so freakishly productive I hardly recognized myself. But that may have been partly due to the fact that the first time I looked in the mirror all day was at 2 o'clock in the morning and with all the eye-rubbing and hair-pulling and pyjama-wearing of the previous seventeen hours I looked more like this:


Needless to say, that's not a good look for me.

So today I returned to my usual dissertation put-offing habits. (off-putting?)

This meant that I was mostly curled up on the couch of our little garret lounge with my snuggie and laptop catching up on work, but throughout the afternoon I was distracted several times by sound of the rain falling on the skylight across the room.

So I finally gave in around 7 o'clock, put the kettle on for a nice cup of cocoa, turned on my latest Agatha Christie audio book, and spent discs 2-5 watching this:


I might be slightly nauseated at the saccharine tableau of describing the last two hours if I wasn't so completely and blissfully content.

*sigh*

3 comments:

Annegirl said...

Well earned, no doubt. =)

Lauren Davison said...

I love rain. And the sound of rain. And the smell of rain. :) That is one thing I loved about Florida. There was a good mix of sun and rain, with some craaaazy thunderstorms!

Adriane said...

beautiful. Which Agatha Christie was it? That's pretty important. I read A Countess Below Stairs the other day. LOVED it!