But don't make the mistake of expecting something wonderful just because it took me so darn long to post.
Jobs I’ve Had:
1. Co-owner, Corner Candy Store (:
2. Administrative Assistant, Independent Conference Management
3. Technical Writer, BYU OIT Communications and Training
4. Editor, The Intrepid Group
Places I’ve Lived:
1. Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
2. Harefield, England
3. Orem, Utah
4. Salt Lake City, Utah (coming December 2008)
Foods I Love:
1. Grapefruit gelato from Maestro’s
2. Cadbury Twirl bars
3. Green apples
Websites I Visit:
4. email sites
Places I’d Rather Be:
1. Wide Awake
2. Love Actually, edited (actually, pretty much any British movie with Hugh Grant)
3. Almost all Jane Austen adaptations
4. X-men (I, II, III)
10 Things About Me:
1. I hate, hate, HATE peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. It’s been more than ten years since I had one. I don’t know why they’re so vile, they just are. I’d rather eat snails, frog legs, chocolate-covered grasshoppers, or haggis. In fact, there was one family vacation where I did just that.
2. Air Supply is my not-so-secret-not-even-a-little-bit-guilty pleasure. In fact, I adore the entire era of the power ballad. I wish it would come back like the rest of the 80s. This would be convenient as I would have the best cassette tape collection around and would never have to do my hair in the morning.
3. I talk, laugh, argue, sing, walk, clean (i.e. shove everything in my closet), lock myself out of the house, and break things in my sleep. When I was younger, my mom put a lock on the outside of my bedroom door to keep me from killing myself or someone else. When I got my driver’s license there was much stressing.
4. I collect boxes and ribbons. I put things in the boxes and the ribbons make me feel better about the perma-ponytail.
5. I have some strange quirks: If I’m in the car, the doors are locked; if I’m not, neither are the doors. (I’m getting better about this now that I work in scary SLC.) I organize my empty hangers by size, then color. I don’t care how messy my room is; there won’t be a single thing under my bed. This holds true even if I “clean” my room in my sleep (see #3).
6. I am totally, utterly, and completely addicted to The Office. This is convenient as I now work in The Office. No really, I do. Curious? Just ask.
7. I can objectively analyze my recent moods through various electronic means. For example, my recently played iTunes list lets me know if I’ve got down or gone country, my facebook statii tell me what Meagan is doing these days. The most reliable source, however, is my cell phone. My cell phone has predictive text, but it also has a sweet short-term memory that keeps track of how often I pick a certain set of characters over another and “bumps” the more popular combination to the default. If “5-5” brings up “jk”, I know I’ve been sarcastic a lot lately, which usually means I’ve also been dissatisfied. But if “5-5” brings up “kj”, I know I’ve only been talking about happy things like Disneyland and PETA demonstrations gone awry. This means only good things. Happiness and sadness are also measured by “1-1”, which will bring up either “):” or “(:” However, no matter how many tentative plans, hypothetical situations, or if/then statements I concoct (and believe me, there are many), combination “4-3” ALWAYS brings up “he”. I refuse to analyze this.
8. And per the emoticons mentioned above. Yes, my smiley face is backwards. I never noticed this tendency until someone pointed it out to me. Now I consciously type it “wrong” every time. (: (: (: (: (:
9. My home page is set to Wikipedia. Wikipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject. So you know you are getting the best possible information. This is convenient as I am also an ADD English major and thus feel the need to research the random thoughts and questions that pop into my head. I may or may not use the recent searches feature when documenting how I spent my day on my timesheet . . .
10. I like spring mornings, fall afternoons, summer evenings, and winter nights. I wish every day was like this. I also wish chocolate had no calories.
Oh, and p.s. I tag Adriane. I think everyone else has already been tagged. If you haven't, consider it done.