Monday, March 30, 2009

the picky eater test

My friend Mindi says it's possible to determine if you are a picky eater by answering these three questions:

1. Do you like green olives?
2. Do you like black licorice?
3. Do you like seafood?


If you answer "no" to any of these questions, then you are a picky eater.

Well, I was super happy to discover green olives in Andy's empanandas yesterday; when it comes to licorice, black is my flavor of choice; and fresh seafood is pretty much the only reason I would ever by tempted to move to the west coast.


So I pass the picky eater test.

But while I was in Seattle a couple weeks ago, I'll admit my heart (stomach) failed me just a little when I encountered this:



But I quickly recovered. And it wasn't bad. And I could drink a gallon of that sauce every day for the rest of my life and not get sick of it. Yum.

And yet I still can't bring myself to touch a PB&J with a ten-foot pole....

8 comments:

alexandria said...

What happens if you answer no to all of them? I apparently am a very picky eater...

Lauren Davison said...

Is that a pesto sauce? Because if so, I want it. :) Stick anything in a pesto sauce and it will be delicious!

Cathy said...

I'm very picky then. How sad!

Erika said...

Oh but the little guy is plated so nicely. Like he's posing for you before you eat him. Props to you for being adventurous.

Nama said...

Goo! I really don't like seafood, so I guess I don't pass the picky eater test. But I love, love, LOVE black licorice. Doesn't that count for something?

Ap said...

I guess I;m picky because i don't like any of those things! But I could eat PB&J every day!

Jessie Evans said...

I love black licorice enough to make up for my dislike of green olives and seafood, does that count for something?

Julie said...

Allie--we all already knew you were a VERY picky eater! (Literally... you pick sandwiches and pizza until they are unrecognizable blobs of bread and sauce).

Megan--Not liking PB&J could possibly be a deal breaker...