Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Normal is...

...getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it. -Ellen Goodman

Well, Ellen, I'm not normal.

Let me explain.

So this one time, I haven't blogged for a while, and I apologize. In the past month, I:

Quit my job,
Quit commuting,
and Quit sleeping.
Started a new job,
Started working from home,
and Started some mega-freelance projects.
Practically totalled my car,
Practically planned out the next year of my life,
and Practically live in my pajamas.

It's been one heck of a ride (and not just the part where I spun out of control on the freeway), and I promise that as soon as I catch my breath and things go back to normal I'll tell you ALL about it.

Until then, "normal is nothing more than a cycle on a washing machine." -Whoopi Goldberg

9 comments:

Annegirl said...

"Wildly exciting is our normal" Herbal Essences

Nama said...

i can't wait to hear all about your adventure(s)! they sound so...fun. and yet, not fun. either way, they should make for good stories.

Lauren Davison said...

WOW! Sounds exciting! Does this mean you are closer to us so we can have that photography/photoshop girls night out?

brittany said...

You got into a car accident on the freeway? I'm so sorry, I hope you are feeling better! Did this happen before the shower? (if so, I'm a lame-o for not knowing.)

Julie said...

So true... man, normal sucks! Hope you're okay!! Sounds like your car wasn't, but as long as you are, then we'll just buy you a tricycle to ride around ( :

Larkin Family said...

Hey girl! I found your blog. :) Life is just crazy no matter what, huh? Oh well, as long as we are all going crazy together...

Erika said...

Welcome to the world of living in Pajamas. You'll never go back.

Tiff said...

So...I want updates. Hope you're ok. :)

meagan said...

Annie: Excellent. I knew you'd come through for me (:

Nama: Fun is my middle name (: I'll try to make them interesting...

Lauren: Yes! I am so in!

Brittany: No worries. It was a couple weeks before the shower and I'm all better now (:

Julie: After much work my car is now okay again. I'd still love a tricycle though (:

Whitney: I'm so glad you found me. Your little boy is adorable!

Erika: Oh, I don't plan to (:

Tiff: Yep, I'm ship-shape (: